Getting Addicted to Social Media


















Have you ever feel like you can’t live without social media ?


These days many people pay too much attention to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or even online shopping without realising an important factors around them.Therefore the aims of this blog is to explain the problems which can occur after spending too much time on social networks, what people should do to avoid social media addicted and how to reduce their time they spending on social media then focus more about their reality e.g activities, family and community works where they can drive a positive changes in society.

Social Media Being An Important Part in Our Lives




According to the chart, demonstrating an average hours people spent using digital media such as social media, web pages and all digital platforms in the United States. The number continue to increase over time from 2 hours and a half per day in 2008 to more than 6 hours a day in 2018 (Our World in Data, 2019).

As a result, it is clearly seen that people are getting addicted to social media over time and digital platforms is a what brings all type of people together. No matter where you are or who you are with, you can easily access to the social media sites and see how the world is going. This is very convenient and people are paying so much attention to it therefore the more attention given the most powerful and important of social networks in our life. For example, one misleading news posted on the internet can cause the whole world anxiety.




                                  


Here is a picture of how propaganda looks like, this type of stories are likely to confuse people and promote a biased point of view (Webwise.ie, 2019).

Comments

  1. Wow, I had never seen a visual about how much social media use has gone up in the last decade. That is incredibly disturbing. I know for me personally, social media is like my lifeline because I am from the USA and it ends up being the best way to keep in contact with my friends and family back home. In some ways, it greatly improves my life, but that said, I am thoroughly and completely addicted. I am sure my trends follow right along with that chart and it is not healthy. Sometimes I think about it but never make any real effort to do anything. At some point, something will need to change in society or it will just keep getting worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this issue should be more spread among people. It is important to know when you should search for professional help and when it is not necessary. Your blog made me rethink the amount of time I spend online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the begging I have to say... After this blog I don't really like Maria Carrey and her song All I want for Christmasssss. :P

    Okay, seriously now. What I recommend to improve is clickable links to the sources. Other than that the APA style citation was well done. The blog has opened my eyes and made think about the my potential addiction to the social media. I appreciate good design and interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think social media addiction is very serious issue and it is important to talk about it, as a lot of children are more likely to become addicted. That may lead to health and studying problems.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What The Experts Say II

My View